|About | Screen Shots | Download | Register| System Requirements | History | Testimonials|
Math Practice is a collection of fact-based activities. At one time these were individual applications that students in my classroom used. Eventually the best activities were combined into one application. At the time, my classroom consisted entirely of Macintosh computers. That is why the Macintosh version of Math Practice contains more activities and has seen more attention than the Windows version. The underlying code for the Macintosh application was updated in 2015 to accommodate newer 64 bit versions of the OS, like Yosemite. Aside from this basic maintenance, the application has not been altered for some years.
I've kept some of the previous versions available in case you are nursing along some really old hardware. For instance, if you are still running under OS9 with only 256 colors then you're in luck. The Macintosh Classic version uses an Aqua-style interface with specially optimized graphics to insure that color gradients look good even at 256 colors. If you are maintaining a museum, then you'll be happy to see we even have a 68k version that works under System 7. (see legacy links)
Although many of the games in this application were designed with 8-10 year olds as the target audience, most ages from 7 and up will find suitable activities.
Features | Screen shots
This application contains several different math fact exercises.
( Windows version looks nearly identical to PPC screen shots. )
1. Facts against a timer ( PPC (multiplication only) or OS X screen shot)
2. Multiplication facts review (PPC screen shot)
3. Division facts review ( PPC or OS X screen shot)
4. Addition facts review (PPC screen shot)
5. Subtraction facts review (PPC screen shot)
6. Number Sentence: 2 difficulty levels with timed Halls of Fame. ( PPC or OS X screen shot)
7. Math Squares: 11 different games with timed Halls of Fame. ( OS X screen shot)
(Windows version has only 1 Math Square game.)